To insure the integrity of your design, we encourage artwork to be supplied to DIGITIME Print & Graphics as a print quality PDF.
We have provided a quick checklist to assist with the efficient processing of your artwork.
• Trim and Fold marks (true to final size)
• Internal Bleed (min. 3mm within trim marks)
• External Bleed (min. 5mm outside trim marks)
• Print ready PDF settings
• Images – Min. 300dpi @100%
• CMYK files (avoid RGB as this profile reduces image quality)
• Fonts – either outline or embed fonts at 100% in all high resolution print ready PDF
• Pages supplied in sequence (we will take care of the imposition)
• Spell check
• Mock it up – Highly recommended for your peace of mind
If you experience difficulties and need assistance with your artwork preparation, please contact us at 416-364-9762.
We support all the latest versions of popular professional graphic design software applications:
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Acrobat
The higher the resolution, the better the picture quality, but don’t go too far. The best rule we suggest is create your artwork at 300dpi at final size. Often you don’t have control of your image resolution because it is determined by the setting when the image was originally captured.
If unsure, please contact us at 416-364-9762.
Although we carry thousands of licenced fonts, we may on the rare occasion be unable to match exactly with your special request. Therefore, we recommend that you outline or embed your selected fonts within the program you use to create your finished artwork. This way we can print them as you intended them to appear.
If multiple pages are required, it is critical that you supply each page as a separate print ready PDF in page sequence. DIGITIME will prepare the imposition based on the number of pages and the sequence they are supplied. i.e.:
• Double sided postcard (front & back) – supply a two page print ready PDF file.
Keep it simple and relevant and avoid symbols. Use only alpha-numeric characters and try to keep it short. Using an underscore _ is acceptable to assist with identifying the job title and end product.
• Double sided postcard – File name: XPLOR_DBL_postcard.pdf
• Single sided business caed – File name: DJ_businesscard.pdf